Best Prepaid SIM Card USA
Carriers are becoming less aggressive. Several no-contract, prepaid wireless providers in the U.S. are now offering prepaid sim card service. Prepaid SIM cards are becoming an increasingly popular option for consumers looking to connect to a mobile phone network.
The main reason why prepaid SIM cards are becoming a vastly popular choice is due to the fact that they are significantly more Value packed and therefore, More Appealing then conventional contract plans. As the demand increases, so do the variety of options and prepaid sim card available from the mobile phone networks.
The major networks such as T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint are constantly chopping and changing their tariffs to meet the demands of consumers and as such, offer a multitude of different sim card plans, tailored to meet the requirements of each and every consumer’s needs.
No matter how much or how much less you use, whether you are a Text user, someone who likes to watch YouTube and browse the Internet or simply use the Sim card for Voice Communications, there is suitable phone plan out there that if selected correctly, can bring your monthly cost down.
Before Searching for a prepaid sim card you should first:
- Determine how many minutes, texts and data you require before selecting a plan.
- Choose your network carefully. Some networks have greater coverage than others in certain locations.
- Keep an eye on new prepaid sim card deals. In this competitive market, they change regularly and better deals frequently appear.
The 7 Best Prepaid SIM Card USA Available in 2019
Almost all prices are susceptible to change so please check the service plan website for current information details.
Tello lets you build your own plan, which includes options for no-data or data-only. All texting is free on Tello. For a basic user plan that includes 100 voice minutes, unlimited texts, and 1GB of data, you’ll pay $15 on Tello. The service allows tethering at no extra charge, and it also offers free calls to Canada, Mexico, and China in addition to the U.S.
If monthly plans are more than you need, Tello offers service on a pay-as-you-go basis, too. For the U.S., the rate is 3 cents per minute, 1 cent per text, and 2 cents per MB of data. Rates for calls and texts made to international numbers vary. Unlike most pay-as-you-go providers, Tello doesn’t require regular purchases of credit to keep your line active—just use of the service at least once every 90 days.
Tello says any CDMA device should work on its network, but you also can also choose to buy a phone through the company. Tello offers both new and refurbished devices on its site, though the new phones aren’t sold directly by Tello. Instead, the store redirects you to the phone manufacturer’s storefront.
- $11/month: unlimited talk and text plus, calls to Canada, Mexico & China are included.
- $14/month: unlimited talk, text and 1 GB plus, calls to Canada, Mexico & China are included.
- $19/month: unlimited talk, text and 2 GB plus, calls to Canada, Mexico & China are included.
- $24/month: unlimited talk, text and 3 GB plus, calls to Canada, Mexico & China are included.
- $39/month: unlimited talk, text and 10 GB plus, calls to Canada, Mexico & China are included.
Twigby phone service allows its customers to create their own affordable plan based on monthly usage with no contracts or activation fees. Each of Twigby’s plans is prepaid with no contracts and comes with free unlimited text messages, so you don’t have to worry about paying extra for texting. Their plans start at just $12 for free unlimited texting, 200 minutes and 150MB of data. Twigby plans are good for those who don’t need a ton of data, as they do not offer an unlimited high-speed data option.
Note: Twigby is giving its new customers 25% off on their first 6 months of service.
- $9.75/month: unlimited talk and text
- $14.25/month: unlimited talk, text, and 1GB of data
- $17.25/month: unlimited talk, text, and 2GB of data
- $21.00/month: unlimited talk, text, and 3GB of data
- $24.75/month: unlimited talk, text, and 5GB of data
Republic Wireless is a prepaid cell phone plan that uses Sprint and T-Mobile’s networks and has some of the cheapest phone plans around. This carrier is ideal for those who want a cheap unlimited talk and text plan.
What’s unique about Republic Wireless? They have a patented technology called Adaptive Coverage, which automatically blends together your calls and texts over available free WiFi and your phone’s 3G and 4G LTE cellular data networks. If you want dedicated cellular data, you can purchase up to 10 GB per month at $7.50 per GB or they have monthly plans that include a certain amount of cell data.
- $15/month: unlimited talk and text
- $20/month: unlimited talk, text, and 1GB of data
- $25/month: unlimited talk, text, and 2GB of data
- $30/month: unlimited talk, text, and 3GB of data
- $65/month: unlimited talk, text, and 10GB of data
While Verizon is known for 2-year contracts, the company added a prepaid phone option that can include up to 5 lines. The plan starts with the first line, including unlimited talk and text, and varying in price based on the amount of data included. Each additional line adds to the total monthly cost.
Note: Verizon offers a $5 discount per month for Auto Pay.
- $30/month— Unlimited talk, text, and 500MB of LTE data + 4G hotspot access
- $40/month—Unlimited talk, text, and 3GB of LTE data + 4G hotspot access as well as unlimited messaging to Mexico, Canada, and over 200 countries
- $50/month— Unlimited talk, text and 8GBof LTE data + 4G hotspot access as well as unlimited messaging to Mexico, Canada, and over 200 countries with Unlimited talk to Mexico and Canada
- $70/month— Unlimited talk, text and Unlimited LTE data + 4G hotspot access as well as unlimited messaging to Mexico, Canada, and over 200 countries with Unlimited talk to Mexico and Canada
- $40/month– 3GB — $30 for each additional line
- $50/month– 8GB — $35 for each additional line
- $70/month– Unlimited data — $50 for each additional line
Mint Mobile works slightly different than the other plans because you are allowed to prepay for up to three months in advance — they call it buying “wireless in bulk.”
Their current deal gives you unlimited talk and text with 2GB of 4G LTE data for $15, as long as you purchase three months in advance.
You have the option of customizing your plan in advance for 3 to 12 months.
- $15/month: unlimited talk, text and 2GB of data. ($45 per 3 months)
- $20/month: unlimited talk, text and 5GB of data. ($60 per 3 months)
- $25/month: unlimited talk, text and 10GB of data. ($75 per 3 months)
Project Fi is operated by Google that uses the following big carriers: Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular and Three.
This plan costs $20 for unlimited domestic talk and text, unlimited international texts, WiFi tethering to use your phone as a hotspot and more.
This plan is ideal for someone who needs to text international numbers or travels frequently since Project Fi offers cellular coverage in 135 countries.
You can add up to 5 more people to your plan for $15 per month, per person. Data costs $10 per GB until Bill Protection kicks in.
Bill Protection is a feature that helps customers save money by allowing customers to pay for only the data they use.
- $20/month: unlimited talk and text
- $30/month: unlimited talk, text and 1GB of data
- $40/month: unlimited talk, text and 2GB of data
Ting says it offers mobile that makes sense, so it only wants you to pay for the stuff that you use. With pretty affordable rates for talk, text, and data, you’ll be able to create a plan that’s entirely customizable to your needs without locking you into a contract.
Mostly use data and rarely make calls? Create a data-heavy plan that works for you. Lines start at $6 with affordable options for adding monthly minutes, texts and data allotments. Voicemail, picture, and video messaging, 3-way calling, caller ID, tethering, hotspot and more are included for no additional fee. You can have as many devices on your account, which all use the same pool of shared talk time, texts and data.
Ting knows your phone usage changes from month to month, so they tally up your usage at the end of the month and only charge you for what you used. If transparent pricing and billing are all that you crave, Ting might be the right carrier for you. Ting allows you to bring your own device.
- $15/mo: 100 minutes and 1000 texts plus international calling and texting to 60+ countries
- $24/mo: 100 minutes and 1000 texts and 500 MB of data plus international calling and texting to 60+ countries
- $30/mo: 500 minutes and 1000 texts and 500 MB of data plus international calling and texting to 60+ countries
- $36/mo: 500 minutes and 1000 texts 1 GB of data plus international calling and texting to 60+ countries