There are several low-cost cell phone carriers that use some of the big named mobile carriers networks to offer you great coverage at the fraction of the cost. Some of these cheap cell phone carriers also offer unlimited talk and text with great data service.
If you are looking to save money and still have great service then get familiar with some of the low-cost carriers that provide some great plans on some of the best networks. You don’t always have to sacrifice service for savings.
The Best Cheap Cell Phone Plans Available in 2018
Tello is one of the cheapest phone carriers on the field right now, offering very flexible monthly service plans on Sprint’s network. Tello’s plans are all prepaid, so there are no contracts, no early termination fees and no activation fees for its service. You can easily build a custom plan with just the talk time and data you want or opt for one of four preassembled plans.
- Economy plan: 100 minutes, unlimited text and 500 MB for $11/month
- Value plan: unlimited talk, text and 1 GB for $19/month
- Smart plan: unlimited talk, text and 3 GB for $29/month
- Data plan: unlimited talk, text and 5 GB for $39/month
TPO Mobile is a low-cost carrier offers prepaid, pay-as-you-go plans. The plans they offer are compatible with all carriers of the Big Four, All of their plans are also no contract and without any early termination fees.
- Gentle Plan: 500 minutes, 500 text and 250 MB for $10/month
- Kind Plan: 1000 minutes, unlimited text and 500 MB for $16/month
- People’s Plan: unlimited talk, text and 1 GB for $21/month
- Noble Plan: unlimited talk, text and 2 GB for $25/month
- Caring Plan: unlimited talk, text and 3 GB for $35/month
- Thoughtful Plan: unlimited talk, text and 4 GB for $45/month
Republic Wireless carrier offers cheap phone plans through free Wi-Fi. Just this year they began a new “refund plan” for its customers. The “refund plan” allows you to get credit for the data you didn’t use each month. This mobile carrier uses the Sprint network.
- $15/mo: Unlimited talk and text
- $20/mo: Unlimited talk, text and 1 GB of data
- $25/mo: Unlimited talk, text and 2 GB of data
- $30/mo: Unlimited talk, text and 3 GB of data
Ting offers a pricing schedule to help you save money by only charging you for the minutes and data you use. It costs only $6 a month to have your phone activated. These are some key benefits of choosing Ting as your mobile carrier. With Ting, you don’t have any contracts and you pay for usage you use. Ting uses Sprint’s network. If you have great Sprint network in your area, Ting would be a great cheap mobile plan for you.
- $15/mo: 100 minutes and 1000 texts.
- $24/mo: 100 minutes and 1000 texts and 500 MB of data.
- $30/mo: 500 minutes and 1000 texts and 500 MB of data.
- $36/mo: 500 minutes and 1000 texts 1 GB of data.
All Plans includes: International calling and texting to 60+ countries at no extra cost.
Cricket Wireless offers a great cheap cell phone plan using the AT&T network. Their plans may cost a little more but the AT&T network is better than Sprint’s network. There are no contracts with Cricket Wireless. You can also save more money by signing up for auto pay. This will save you an additional $5 a month. Another great benefit is you can bring your own phone to this plan.
- $25/mo: Unlimited talk and text
- $30/mo: Unlimited talk, text and 2 GB of data
- $40/mo: Unlimited talk, text and 5 GB of data
- $55/mo: Unlimited talk, text and data at 3 Mbps max speed
- $60/mo: Unlimited talk, text and high speed data
MetroPCS plans don’t stand out from the best prepaid cell phone plans at first glance, but they are the only prepaid carrier to offer a truly unlimited data plan and at a very reasonable price. The phone selection isn’t great, but you can bring your own device and pop in a SIM card. MetroPCS has four prepaid cell phone plans available starting at $30 a month all plan includes unlimited talk and text with different amount of data.
- $30/mo: Unlimited talk; text and 2 GB of data.
- $40/mo: Unlimited talk, text and 5 GB of data
- $50/mo: Unlimited talk, text and data
- $60/mo: Unlimited talk, text and data plus 10 GB Hotspot
US Mobile believes mobile providers should offer plans that are simple and offer great value. As such, you’re able to build your own plan based on your specific usage needs. you’re able to add up to 10 lines to your mobile account to cover your entire family, with the option to top up your account with more minutes, texts or data as you need.
- $19/mo: 500 minutes, 500 texts and 300 MB of data
- $25/mo: 500 minutes, 500 texts and 1 GB of data
- $28/mo: 1000 minutes, 1000 texts and 1 GB of data
- $33/mo: 1000 minutes, 1000 texts and 2 GB of data
Purchasing a cell phone plan can be expensive and the last thing you want are hidden costs and low data caps. It may be tough to find a plan that gives you all the bells and whistles you desire and saves you money, but it’s not impossible.
There are various questions to contemplate when looking for the cheapest cell phone plans available. Obviously, it’s important to pay attention to prices. But it’s also necessary to pay attention to some other things including:
How much data and how many minutes do you need? you can compare the cheapest cell phone plans based on that amount. This is the best way to decide on a plan, whether it’s prepaid, postpaid or pay-as-you-go.
Can you bring your own cell phone? The bring your own cell phone option could save you a lot of money. This feature allows you to activate cellular service on a used, unlocked phone at a reasonable price. Instead of buying a brand new phone from your carrier, you can go online and buy a cheap used cell phone.
Are there any extra or hidden fees? With a prepaid plan, you pay for data and minutes before you use them each month. At the end of the month, you can renew your plan for the same amount of data and minutes or switch it up, depending on your carrier’s options. This way, you never have to worry about extra fees.
Choosing The Cheapest Cell Phone Plan
Choosing the cheapest cell phone plan depends on how often and in what way you use your mobile phone. If you infinitely prefer calls to text messaging, then what you need is a subscription that will, if possible, allow you to make an unlimited number calls under certain conditions and for a fixed monthly fee. The same goes when you prefer text messaging over making phone calls.
When selecting a new affordable phone plan make sure to check the availability and network in your area. These low cost mobile plans can save you hundreds of dollars on your cell phone bills. Check out one of these cheap cell phone plans to help save you money each month.